Difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scale 18
The DERS-18 is a self-report questionnaire designed to assess multiple aspects of emotion dysregulation. The measure yields scores on six scales: Awareness, Clarity, Goals, Impulse, Nonacceptance and Strategies.
The DERS-18 paper does not state anything about the use of the scale by others.
Victor, S. E., & Klonsky, E. D. (2016). Validation of a brief version of the Difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scale (DERS-18) in five samples. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, in press.
Import this questionnaire into your chosen impact tool:
|Almost Never||Sometimes||About Half the Time||Most of the Time||Almost Always|
1. I pay attention to how I feel *
2. I have no idea how I am feeling
3. I have difficulty making sense out of my feelings
4. I am attentive to my feelings *
5. I am confused about how I feel
6. When I’m upset, I acknowledge my emotions *
7. When I’m upset, I become embarrassed for feeling that way
8. When I’m upset, I have difficulty getting work done
9. When I’m upset, I become out of control
10. When I'm upset, I believe that I will remain that way for a long time
11. When I'm upset, I believe that I'll end up feeling very depressed
12. When I'm upset, I have difficulty focusing on other things
13. When I'm upset, I feel ashamed with myself for feeling that way
14. When I'm upset, I feel guilty for feeling that way
15. When I'm upset, I have difficulty concentrating
16. When I'm upset, I have difficulty controlling my behaviors
17. When I'm upset, I believe that wallowing in it is all I can do
18. When I'm upset, I lose control over my behaviors