Mental Health Continuum Short Form
The MHC-SF is a 14 item scale measuring emotional well-being. It covers 3 dimensions of well-being: emotional, social and psychological.
Although copyrighted, the MHC-SF may be used as long as proper credit is given. Permission is not needed to use the measure.
Keyes, Corey L. M. 2002. "The Mental Health Continuum: From Languishing to Flourishing in Life." Journal of Health and Social Behavior. 43: 207-222.
Import this questionnaire into your chosen impact tool:
During the PAST MONTH, how often did you feel...
|Never||Once or Twice||About once a week||About 2 or 3 times a week||Almost every day||Every day|
2. interested in life
3. satisfied with life
4. that you had something important to contribute to society
5. that you belonged to a community (like a social group, or your neighborhood)
6. that our society is a good place, or is becoming a better place, for all people
7. that people are basically good
8. that the way our society works makes sense to you
9. that you liked most parts of your personality
10. good at managing the responsibilities of your daily life
11. that you had warm and trusting relationships with others
12. that you had experiences that challenged you to grow and become a better person
13. confident to think or express your own ideas and opinions
14. that your life has a sense of direction or meaning to it